(500) Days of Summer | Teen Ink

(500) Days of Summer

By Katie R PLATINUM, Fort Plain, New York
Katie R PLATINUM, Fort Plain, New York

Tom is a greeting card writer who won't stop playing the game of love till he finds his true-blue soul mate. Summer is Tom's boss's new assistant who has never believed in love, let alone something such as a soul mate. When these two meet, they find themselves entangled in a 500 day relationship that will keep them on their toes for the whole 500 days. Especially Tom, who finds out what it's like to fall in love, get back together, and fall in love with the same girl all in the course of over a year. But no matter what Summer does to Tom, and no matter what Tom does to Summer, their love continues to stay strong and grow. However, as the narrator will tell you, this is not a love story.

Joseph Gordon-Levett and Zooey Deschanel give wonderful performances alongside equally wonderful performances given by their fellow supporting actors. The chemistry between Tom and Summer is very strong. The script is delightfully life-like and enjoyably quirky. It's the type of movie that you can relate to with any type of relationship or heartbreak that you're going through. "(500) Days of Summer" will have you laughing all the way through while warming your heart at the same time. Enjoy!