Why Did I Get Married | Teen Ink

Why Did I Get Married

January 8, 2008
By Anonymous

“Hunny do I look good in my pajamas Ha-ha you look like the cow that jumped over the moon.” This is one of the many funny lines from the comedy film “Why Did I Get Married”. This is a very hilarious film, funnier than most of the Tyler Perry films that have been very popular with audience. The acting in this movie is very outstanding. Eight married college friends reunite for their annual retreat in the snowcapped mountains of Colorado. The reason for these couples it gets away from the city and goes to the mountains is to have a good time and get away from all the stress.
Career-driven Dianne and her supportive fed-up, husband Terry are joined by popular psychologist, the best-selling author Pactrina and her architect husband Gavin, and Angela, and Marcus who argue constantly, but remain in love. There is a good friend Sheila who is very sad about her looks. She also has a husband who really doesn’t appreciate her weight. The significance about this trip more than any other trip is that they have had is that all secrets revealed to the couples and everybody ends up depressed and sad. Even though this may sound sad the actors in the film makes this scene more interesting than it may sound.
I really enjoyed this movie it caught my attention by the very first scene it didn’t, take any time for the excitement too arrive. Loves stories are usally the ones that I don’t prefer, but when Tyler Perry turns it into a comedy its becomes more interesting.