The Invisible | Teen Ink

The Invisible

The invisible is a persuasive movie that tells about a teenage boy who begins to realizes his “perfect” world has suddenly been turned around. Nick Powell, Played by Justin Chatwin, is attacked late one night and finds himself in a place between life and death, a little place called limbo. He is invisible to the living outside world and can only be heard by his attacker. Annie Newton, played by Margarita Levieva, must first find herself if there is any hope of saving Nick.

This movie is full of suspense and emotion from running from the FBI agents to the abusive family Annie is trying to escape. This movie will keep you on the edge of seat. The question that will always be running through your mind is, will she be to late? Will she have enough time to save the innocent who has somehow become a part of her? To add to all this suspense the quick cuts the director created are incredible and shows you how fast things are going for Annie and her adventure.
Some of the scenes that are symbolic to Annie with her fight are bone chilling especially when she just can’t do it and has to get away from her old life. She sits in her room and makes the deep cuts in the walls with her knife when she knows time is going fast. The cuts resemble Annie’s struggles as she fight to do at least one good thing in her life before it is to late. Some of the other technical features that really brings the movie to life is the background music. The music will speed up when she is running out of time and also when she gets closer and closer to saving Nicks life.
I would recommend this movie to anyone who likes suspense and dramatic action. This would also appeal to anyone who likes ghost stories and mysteries that may not always be solved. Will this mystery be solved or will time catch up?