Footloose | Teen Ink

Footloose

By colourgirl123 BRONZE, Provo, Utah
colourgirl123 BRONZE, Provo, Utah

" Be the change you want to see in the world."
-Gandhi

Imagine moving to a place were you could only listen to quiet church hymns and only go to supervised dances. Well, “troublemaker,” Ren MacCormack had to go through that. After his mother’s death, he moved in with his uncle at a small town called Bomont.

While entering his new high school, Ren comes across a glass case with a picture of four teenagers and cards and flowers. Also when he is at school, he meets Willard. Now Willard is not your normal teen, oh no, Willard is more country than North America itself!

On a nice Sunday afternoon Ren decides he want to go to church with his uncle. While at church, he meets the preacher’s daughter Ariel. Ariel is known as the bad girl in town for several reasons, one of which is because she is dating Chuck, the most bad of the bad. At a dance later on Ren comes to realize he likes Ariel. Ren asks Ariel about the glass case in the school and notices sadness, three years ago Ariel’s brother, Bobby, and three of his friends died in a car accident. Ariel’s father thinks it was because of the dancing and music, but it was because they were on a bridge and swerved.

Trouble starts to happen when Ren starts to get caught causing trouble, he has decided he is going to rebel against the “Music is illegal” law. On the other hand, Arial’s father (the preacher) is mad. While going through stages of love, hate, and forgiveness, in the end the preacher and the city council decide to get rid of the law.

In my opinion, this movie was made amazingly. The characters were good at acting. They put real emotions in what happened. The choreography was also truly astounding. I think that was one of the best movies that came out in 2011. They made it seem like it was real and did happen.

I think that the moral of the story is just noticing the different perspectives and what people think about things. For instance, dancing. What if there was some reason someone didn’t like eggs? You just will never know. But the moral of the story is don’t blame something/someone without getting all the correct facts. Thank you!

:)