Lincoln | Teen Ink

Lincoln

By BeccaLynn GOLD, Milwaukie, Oregon
BeccaLynn GOLD, Milwaukie, Oregon

Time is a river... and books are boats. Some boats are lost at sea. while others float forever filling peoples head with their knowledge

With the award season starting I have taken it upon myself to watch as much nominee movies as possible. My goal hasn't been met very well but that is not the story.
I went with my mother and father to go see Lincon the other night. I was raised in a history loving family and as Civil War reenactor I know a lot about Civil War History. Which brings me to my idea about Lincon.
This movie was fantastic on every level. The Acting was amazing of course and the overall quality of everything was off the charts. It made Les Miserable look like a cheep stage.
But the negative side of this movie can also be its weakness.
There is a lot of information that is important to know going in. They don't pause and give you a lot of information-as they should this is a Drama not a documentary-so if you are unaware of the little facts it might go over your head.
Perhaps read up on the subject before you go see it it will save you some head scratching in the future.