Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor | Teen Ink

Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor

By Positivity_At_Its_Finest DIAMOND, Morrow, Georgia
Positivity_At_Its_Finest DIAMOND, Morrow, Georgia

Life is a stage, get on it and perform your best act.

Tyler Perry is a popular and successful person in the movie industry. So when his new movie "Temptation" was being promoted, it was no surprise that it was the talk of the town.

After six years of being married, a relationship matchmaker cheats on her husband with one of her clients. She feels like her husband doesn't pay her any attention and he isn't as spontaneous as he once was. As time goes by, she decides to leave her husband for her client. However, she'll soon realize that he isn't so perfect either.

I think all of Tyler Perry's films are interesting, but "Temptation" is the most captivating. When I first heard about this movie, I thought I already knew how the ending was going to play out; most movies with this type of plot have an obvious ending. Instead, Perry added a twist that no one would've guessed; it's a terrible trend of everyday life that most of us know about. (I need not say anymore).

I loved how Jurnee Smollett-Bell stepped out of her element. She usually plays characters who are soft and innocent. Her character in "Temptation" is the complete opposite; I like this, it's always good to change it up every once in a while. Also, every movie needs a comic relief. This movie did a great job at that; it added humor to a serious situation.

"Temptation" will definitely get your blood boiling, and remember, the grass isn't always greener on the other side.