Radio | Teen Ink

Radio

By NancyP PLATINUM, Aurora, Illinois
NancyP PLATINUM, Aurora, Illinois

Starring: Cuba Gooding, Jr. and Ed Harris

MPAA rating: PG for mild language

My star rating: 5

Plot: In 1976, in Anderson, South Carolina, there was a mentally challenged
man named James Robert Kennedy, also known as Radio (Cuba
Gooding, Jr.) because of his radio collection and love of music. He spent
his days wandering the streets collecting random trash and junk, but he
did have a good home. Until one day, Coach Jones, (Ed Harris) the most
respected coach at Hanna High School notices him. Coach protects
Radio from the abuse of the football players and becomes his best friend.
In the beginning, Radio could barely talk and was hated, but through the
course of the movie he becomes a beloved student at Hanna and a
symbol of hope for everyone who meets him.

What if every time someone saw you, they looked away? Or worse stared at you as if you were some type of alien? That is how Radio feels every single day. I think Radio was an amazing man who understands you no matter who you are or where you come from. He even forgives people who hurt him. Not many do that these days. Also, Coach Jones was a real hero in my mind because he did the right thing even though it wasn’t easy. The actors did an amazing job at portraying the true meaning of hope and love. I could watch this movie a million times and still cry every time because it just is so incredible that this was based on a true story. I think the ones that are actually true are the best because some one didn’t get paid for thinking of it, it just happened. Everyone in the world should see this because for a minute out of our selfish lives we could see how Radio cared for Coach Jones just as much as Coach Jones cared for Radio.

misspixie said...
Yippee Katie! Great job, and I agree on your rating. Radio was a great movie and it made us cry. I hope you get more things published!