Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 | Teen Ink

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2

September 17, 2013
By thegatelocked1 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
thegatelocked1 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
3 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
Nobody is worth your tears, but the one who is won't make you cry.
or
Don't give me advice, give me money!


The movie, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 is a fantastic movie, full to the brim with heart-pounding action, bound to keep you watching until the end. It is the epic finale of the Harry Potter saga, in which Harry, with help of his friends and Hogwarts, takes on Lord Voldemort, the most feared Dark Wizard in the wizarding world; the one who killed Harry's parents and gave him his scar. As we watch the staff and students of Hogwarts stand up against Lord Voldemort, we see true examples of friendship, bravery, and sacrifice. Voldemort's siege on Hogwarts begins when Harry returns to Hogwarts to destroy a piece of Voldemort's soul. Hogwarts is now under the control of Severus Snape, a trusted ally of Voldemort, ever since Snape killed Dumbledore. When Harry returned to his comrades at Hogwarts, Snape was determined to find him. He demanded all students who knew of his whereabouts to come forward with information, and threatened terrible punishment to those who withheld information. No students gave Harry away, and Harry came forward to face Snape and exile him from Hogwarts. This shows not only the bravery of Harry, who was willing to face the man who hunted him, but the students who were willing to face punishment to hide their friend. As the adventure continues, and Voldemort's presence threatens Hogwarts, the students must unite to protect their school and each other. When Voldemort enters Hogwarts, his snake becomes determined to kill Hermione, one of Harry's best friends. As it approaches to kill her, Ron, another of Harry's best friends attempts to distract it, to save his friend and love. This shows the true friendship between Ron and Hermione, for his devotion to his friends, and also the friendship between Hermione and Harry, for Hermione's willingness to give her life to save Harry. But Hermione isn't the only one who is willing to give their life for Harry. Many students died to give Harry time to destroy a piece of Voldemort's soul, and eventually Voldemort himself. The sacrifice of one's life to ensure that everyone else can enjoy theirs is the greatest sacrifice, and is therefore the most powerful example of sacrifice. Overall, if you couldn't tell from this 5-star review, the epic film Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 is a must see.


The author's comments:
This review was written over the summer, for homework, and my teacher advised me to post it. Thanks Crowe!