A Cinderella Story | Teen Ink

A Cinderella Story MAG

By Anonymous

     "A Cinderella Story" is a perfect present-day rendition of the classic fairy tale. Hillary Duff plays Sam, who has no choice but to obey all the commands of wicked stepmother Fiona (Jennifer Coolidge) and her demanding, spoiled stepsister. Sam, afraid and alone with only her dreams of going to Princeton, is discouraged because of her long hours working at Fiona's diner and her non-existent social life.

Just when things look like they can't get any worse, the world brightens as she meets her mystery prince online. When they decide to meet in person, Sam realizes, to her surprise that her prince is her popular and attractive classmate Austin Ames (Chad Michael Murray). Sam, seeing that they are from different worlds, tries to forget him, but at the same time Austin is on a quest to find his "dream girl." Sam becomes encouraged in the search for her independence and discovers that her "happily ever after" fantasy could become a reality if she takes the chance.

Duff plays a character similar to her other movie and television roles as the "typical teenager," but as this movie shows, it seems to work for her. Every female, young or old, will fall in love with the romantic and handsome Murray. Although in the beginning everything seems to go wrong, as the movie continues it will change your whole perception of love and life. Despite what some may think, this movie is entertaining for all ages, not just the expected young crowd. If you love romantic comedies, put this on your list.