Kill Bill: Volume I | Teen Ink

Kill Bill: Volume I MAG

By Anonymous

     Quentin Tarantino's fourth film is an homage to kung fu films, and one of the few filmed and written for Western society. It stars Uma Thurman as a woman known as the Bride who is shot on her wedding day and left for dead by her former boss, Bill. She falls into a coma and awakens four years later with the goal of avenging her attempted murder. She immediately hunts down the people who tried to kill her: the Deadly Viper Assassination Squad.

The main action starts with the Bride tracking down one of her assailants, Copperhead, who has a daughter born shortly after the attempted murder of the Bride. As soon as she sees Copperhead, a fight ensues. This battle scene is long and the outcome surprising.

The next person the Bride remembers is Oren Ishii, a notorious gang lord. To kill Oren, she must fly halfway around the world to Japan. There, however, she needs to kill many guards, known as the Crazy 77, before she can get to Oren. And before she can get to Bill, she must kill many others, who are more skilled in the art of fighting.

To counteract the violence, there are short scenes that provide comic relief. If you don't have a fear of blood and are a fan of kung fu battle scenes, this movie is heaven on earth. The amazing detail and sequence of each action scene is nothing less than a perfect work of art. The precision of each move of the blade and the speed of each punch will keep you intrigued. I give it four out of five stars for its revolutionary idea of making a kung fu movie for Western audiences and for the precision of each kung fu scene. This is a must-see for action fans.

This movie is rated R.