The Santa Clause | Teen Ink

The Santa Clause MAG

The movie, The Santa Clause, was supposed to be a comedy about how a man kills Santa Claus by accident, and then, by putting on the red suit, magically takes on a new role. I give this movie two thumbs down - a definite half a star. It was almost as bad as Silas Marner by George Elliot. Tim Allen should be embarrassed to be associated with this project as it is not one of his better roles.

There was no comedy in it whatsoever. Children under the age of six might be amused by this movie because they still believe in Santa Claus and all his magical imagery. Children older than six would not be amused because most kids of this age do not believe Santa is real.

If you want to see Tim Allen at his best, watch Home Improvement. .

Timekeeper DIAMOND, Cary, North Carolina

"A guy walks up to me and asks 'What's Punk?'. So I kick over a garbage can and say 'That's punk!'. So he kicks over a garbage can and says 'That's Punk'?, and I say 'No that's trendy'!"- Billie Joe Armstrong, Green Day

You note the fact that young children will enjoy the movie--they are supposed to. Children are the film's target audience, you know, as the ones who believe in Santa Clause.

You're judging the film as if it is supposed to be a piece of exquisite art, when it isn't. It's a children's Christmas movie, and it excels at its purpose.