Sleepwalkers | Teen Ink

Sleepwalkers MAG

This movie is R-Rated. Those under 17 must be accompanied by an adult.

I'm sure most people look at Stephen King as being a successful and wealthy horror writer. But his life wasn't always so flourishing. Before King was a published author, he was barely making enough money to support his family. But he was determined to be a writer and eventually it all paid off. It started with the Doubleday's publication of Carrie and many other successes followed, including The Shining, The Graveyard Shift, The Dead Zone and many more. Stephen King's Sleepwalkers is unique because it's the first time he has written a book strictly to be made into a movie.

This movie is about a mother and son, played by Alice Krige and Brian Krause, who have a strange relationship and are new in town. They both share a horrifying lifestyle that is being uncovered by people in the town. Tanya Robertson, who is played by Madchen Amick, is an innocent school girl who gets more than she bargains for. A cat named Clovis has a major role, as do hundreds of other cats. Even if you don't particularly care for cats, this movie is bound to have you admiring the feline race.

This film is not only appalling, but it also contains some wisecracking humor that enlightens the otherwise terrifying situations. This movie also contains a rather awkward yet amusing appearance of the mastermind himself. I would recommend this movie to anyone who has enjoyed Stephen King's work in the past; and if you haven't, it's a good time to begin. n