Vantage Point | Teen Ink

Vantage Point

Where is the Beginning with “Vantage Point”?

“Vantage Point” is a film that will make you take notice of little details and pay attention during the entire movie. It isn't one of those films that if you don't take notes you don't understand what is going on, but it will draw you into the story and make you think about the little things.
The movie begins with a bang. The President is shot and bombs are exploding. You don't know who did or where it all began. As you watch the film director Pete Travis, using the method of flashback, takes you into the lives of eight strangers to figure out who committed the crime. The main character Thomas Barnes (Dennis Quad) is a bodyguard to the president and will not stop until he figures out who killed him. As the movie continues there are many surprising twist and turns. It will keep you on the edge of your seat.
There was a very star studded cast for film. Top “A” list actors and actresses such as Matthew Fox, William Hurt, Dennis Quad, Forest Whitaker, Sigourney Weaver, and many more made this film a hit. Dennis Quad performed brilliantly as the body guard of the president. Matthew Fox's character was a shocker to the entire movie. He pulled his part off with ease. The performance by Forest Whitaker was amazing. He really got into character and was astounding. Travis did a fantastic job in the filming of the movie. The cast he brought together and script were so well put together.
The special effects for this movie where pulled off quite well. The car chases, bombs going off, shoot out, and camera angles were all amazing. Nothing was too over the top or over done so that it didn't seem real. Through the entire car chase with Quad and Fox I was on the edge of sit wondering what was going to happen next and who would triumph in the end.
Overall the entire movie was brilliant! Travis did a fantastic job with the actors and actresses, script, and special effects. Using the method of flashback was a unique way to get the story told. It made you pay attention to the little details and want to watch it again.