God's Not Dead | Teen Ink

God's Not Dead

April 17, 2014
By Carlton SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
Carlton SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
6 articles 0 photos 2 comments

God’s Not Dead


“God is dead.” these are the three simple words that atheist Professor Radisson wants his Philosophy class to write on a piece of paper. Professor Radisson believes that God will interfere with his students’ learning, so he wants them all to agree that God does not exist. When Josh Wheaton doesn’t fill out the sheet of paper because he is a Christian, he must now have to prove why God is not dead. What makes this movie so interesting is the intense plot, great stories, and relentless determination in the main character played by Shane Harper.
In the beginning there are many other people with their own stories. For example, a Muslim girl who struggles with modern day trends and her own culture. Also a man and his wife who split apart in a moment of adversity. The coolest part is how they are all tied together in one scene at the end.
After these stories the spotlight is turned back on to young freshman Josh Wheaton. He has now decided to stand up to Radisson and attempt to prove him wrong in a series of debates. One of the great moments of these arguments is when Josh asks professor Radisson why he hates God and Radisson exclaims that God has taken everything that he's ever loved away from him and all he has is hate for The Lord. Josh simply replies, "How can you hate something that doesn't exist?"
After watching this movie filled with a great plot and great stories, you will find out that God really is not dead. This film will leave you feeling great and filled with the presence of The Lord. In the great words of the Newsboys, "My God's not dead, he's surely alive!"