A Little Princess | Teen Ink

A Little Princess

By Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York

A Little Princess

If you want to watch a movie that will warm your heart and make you feel like a princess watch A Little Princess. Sara lives in a magical jungle and has the true lifestyle of a princess. Her father even calls her his little princess and she's is the center of his world.

Sara, played by Liesel Matthew's, is a motherless girl that grows up in India which she calls a place where, “The land is so hot you can taste it.” Sara's father (Liem Cummingham) is a British army captain. Later on in the movie Sara gets to meet Miss Minchin (Eleanor Bron.) and they end up not getting along at all.

When Sara's dad gets drafted to fight in World War I Sara gets sent to an exclusive girl's school in New York City, where she met Miss Minchin, to live there until her dad comes back. Sara is treated poorly and ends up in an attic room and has to work as a servant to pay for her housing. Sara realizes that no matter where she is she is still a princess, she just can't live the way she used to. Later on Sara gets word that her father has died and she will be sent away because she has no value to the school since she has no money coming in anymore. Before Sara leaves she meets magical neighbors and even starts seeing a man that looked just like her father. This man is very ill from his war injuries and doesn't remember ever having a daughter and once Sara is positive it's her father she has to work to bring back his memories of having a daughter.

This story tears at my heart every time I watch it. Little Sara makes you fall in love with her and want to jump into the screen and help her convince her dad that she's his little princess. I couldn't help but admire Sara's courage and bravery she had while living in poor conditions at the girl's school. Sara never gave up and believed in her father and everything he had taught her.

I would give this movie an A. I've loved the movie since I was a little girl. If you didn't see this movie as a child you might not have as much respect for it as you would have when you were younger. The imagination Sara has reminds children of moments they've dreamt up and makes the story feel real. This movie is great for children and even better for the adults who still dream of being a little princess.

20berryk SILVER, Lincoln, Nebraska

Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win.
Stephen King

I love the movie

Jtatsu PLATINUM, East Brunswick, New Jersey
I think the movie adaptation was alright, though I'm a bit irked that you never mentioned the original book. Just as with most book-to-movie adaptations, the book was better.

IAmTheActress BRONZE, Fresno, Texas

"Did you ever wish you could sometimes freeze frame a moment in your day, look at it and say "This is not my life?"
- Daniel Hillard, Mrs. Doubtfire (1993)

THIS MOVIE ROCKS! I have watched it a million times and I totally think that this versuion is the best-in everything, especially the roles of Sara and Miss Michin, they picked the PERFECT people to play them. Magic!