Juno | Teen Ink

Juno

By Stephanie Whittle SILVER, Phoenix, Arizona
Stephanie Whittle SILVER, Phoenix, Arizona

"Juno" is a heartwarming comedy which many female teenagers can realate to. This movie will have you throw your head back and laugh. Even though it will have you busting a gut it will also have you shedding a tear with it's heart touching scenes.
Juno McGuff (Ellen Page) has an unplanned pregnancy with her best friend and her long time partner, Bleeker (Michael Cera.
Juno makes an unusual decision regarding her unborn child and struggles being a regular teenager living her everyday life. With the help of Juno's other best friend, Leah (Olivia Thirlby) they manage to get through all the bumps along the way.

Due to the emotional scenes and hysterical characters this film won the Academy Award for best original screenplay. Not only that but because of Page's convincing acting she was nominated for best performance by an actress in a leading roll. This is along way from Page's character who could walk through walls in X-Men

This film is a delightful and quirky movie that will captivate you and make you want to keep watching because every scene is unique and unpredictable.

Jason Reitman, the director of Juno, did an outstanding job with this movie and was able to highlight real-life problems that many teens go through. Juno is definately a memorable film that will still be viewed years to come.