Pitch Perfect 2 | Teen Ink

Pitch Perfect 2

By GirlWhoWrites PLATINUM, Littleton, Colorado
GirlWhoWrites PLATINUM, Littleton, Colorado

It seems to be a general rule that sequels never seem to live up to expectations. There are of course the High School Musicals the Shreks and the Harry Potters where the sequels are just as good if not better. Pitch Perfect 2 is not one of these. As much as I wanted to be in love with the movie so much that I wanted to spend all my money watching it over and over again, as much as I hoped it would live up to my expectations, it was a let down. The music part of it was great, I loved the cool arrangements and the preciseness of it. As someone who is involved in music and in love with it the music side of the movie was great and lived up to expectations. The comedy side and the storytelling was a let down. The story was not intriguing and there was not as much comedy as in the first one and what was there was not as funny as the first one. The sequel was a younger sibling who paled in comparison to the accomplishments and success of it's legendary older sibling. Pitch perfect 2 is the person who tries too hard to be funny or good and as a result does not achieve the desired results. It's a fan favorite for a competition who then fails to perform. It pains me to say that Pitch Perfect 2 is the perfect example of the "sequels suck" rule. Pitch Perfect 2 was not perfect in any sense of the word.

MovieCritic said...
The movie struggle and music is great, but the story truly is lacking. I agree with you

I am glad that you liked it! I like to hear that you are in involved in music because music is one of the biggest parts of my life and one of my biggest passions! Stay involved with music!

Whimsical_Bluejay_Of_The_Night BRONZE, West Melbourne, Florida

"Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before."
-Edgar Allan Poe

I completely agree! Your review is super similar to my opinion on it. I thought it was good, but not AS good as the first one. I'm also involved in music! :O