The Fault in Our Stars | Teen Ink

The Fault in Our Stars

August 8, 2015
By PinkSkies BRONZE, Goshen, Indiana
PinkSkies BRONZE, Goshen, Indiana
3 articles 0 photos 12 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Its not possible to fight beyond you're strength, even if you strive."


-Homer


   If I was asked to put all of my feelings, thoughts, and differences into three words for 'The Fault in Our Stars', I would use, beautiful, tragic, and relative.

  This box-office movie, (starring 'Shailene Woodley' and 'Ansel Elgort') meant for teenage girls who can relate to tears, and boys, have alot to look forward to when going to watch this chick-flick.

  It all begins with Hazel Grace, (Woodley), narrating the start of the viewing telling us about her cancer diagnosis and how her mom wants her to go to a teenage physical therapy session.  It wasn't all torture for her, though when she literally runs into Augustus Waters, (Elgort), and falls for his adorable humor. Also, since Augustus has cancer in his right leg, he relates to her in a way shes never known of. They actually bond the most through a book she had read called 'An Imperrial Affliction' when she makes him understand how it can leave a mark on your life by reading it. But when Augustus reaches the end of the book and figures out it ends in the middle of a sentence, he plans a surprise trip for him and hazel to meet the author and figure out the end. But when the trip comes to an end, augustus delivers the news to Hazel of his leg cancer coming back. 

Now, I can't give away the end, so if you definitely want to know what happens, then go rent it because it is no longer in theaters. This feature is rated PG-13 for language and sexual content. I may warn you, this movie brought me to tears so I request having an extra-large box of tissues around.


The author's comments:

I hope that all of the people that see this movie do not relate to the feature because their life would always have sentimental moments and dozens of flowers sent to their hospital room.