The Martian | Teen Ink

The Martian

By MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey
MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey

The Martian is a movie starring Matt Damon based off of a science fiction book. When a group of astronauts fly to Mars, they get off their ships to explore the land. However, an unexpected storm occurs and causes them to have to abort. All of the member of the crew made it back safely, except for one. The crew presumed that the member was dead, but he was in fact alive. Using some of the things the crew left behind, the astronaut, Mark Watney, must use all of the few resources and use his wits to stay alive. Meanwhile, back home, Nasa is trying to come up with a plan to save this crew. But this situation is made more difficult, because the affect of the decisions could not only affect Nasa's reputatoins, but also future missions to Mars. They eventually come up with a risky plan, but Mark Watney will need to stay alive on the very few provisions that he has.

The movie has a great ending, is witty through the film, and is just done superbly. Matt Damon was made for the role of Mark Watney, and it might be one of the most natural movies for Matt to be in. The visual effects are stupendous and just unworldly. The movie is crazy realistic, and the audience will be rooting for Mark Watney the entire time. Not to mention that the movie is extremely exciting and interesting. Easily one of the best science fiction movies to come out recently, The Martian is an absolute must see. 

The Martian is more than deserving of their 91% review from Rotten Tomatoes.