Dancing Queen by ABBA | Teen Ink

Dancing Queen by ABBA

By Afra ELITE, Kandy, Other
Afra ELITE, Kandy, Other

"A writer must never be short of ideas."
-Gabriel Agreste- (Fictional character- Miraculous)

As you are probably aware, ABBA was one of the most popular supergroups in the history of musical bands and their splendiferous single ' Dancing Queen' would always go deep into the hearts of people as their signature song whenever they hear the catchy melody, the titivating harmony and the outstanding lyrics.

'Dancing Queen' was written by ABBA guitarist Bjorn Ulvaeus and keyboardist Benny Andersson during the summer of 1975. ABBA recorded “Dancing Queen” in 1975, about a year before its initial release thus waiting until August to release 'Dancing Queen' to create exhilaration for the album in October.

The song topped the charts in 15 countries, including the United States, with the fact that out of the 14 ABBA songs that have made it up the Top 40 in the states, 'Dancing Queen' was the only one to hit No 1 despite Swedish Europop not being that well-favoured there. Still, 'Dancing Queen' strongly resembled the genre of disco.

'Dancing Queen' is one of the songs that had lived through generations and even though it was written in the 70s, it has its flavours adored to this day. The keyboard's melody, as well as the vocals, are so alluring that we are entranced by them. According to me, we do not need a hypnotist to hypnotise us when this song exists, because it hypnotises us and we get fascinated and mesmerised by it.

Apart from the ear-pleasing features of the song, the lyrics are dazzling too. The song is about a typical Friday night in their life in the 70s, where they go out for dinner and after that, go to a disco bar and dance the night away. The song speaks about dance at a disco bar where every single person is involved in their own dance and suddenly, a seventeen-year-old girl becomes the Queen of the dance floor and everyone's eyes are upon her. The song is literally an ode to dancing.

'Dancing Queen' is a charismatic song that people love to listen to and watch being performed, opening up their hearts for instance, when Queen Silvia of Sweden turned 50 years old in 1993, she requested Frida Lyngstad to personally perform the tune for her.

I love listening to 'Dancing Queen' and it is on my playlist. I would recommend this amazing ABBA hit for you to listen to and enjoy!

To my Dancing Queen, Aara...

Love you always!!!

Afra ELITE said...
Afra ELITE, Kandy, Other

@ElaM, thank you so much!!!

ElaM ELITE said...
ElaM ELITE, Surrey, Columbia

“I was ashamed of myself when I realized life was a costume party; and I attended with my real face.” ~Franz Kafka

Wow 🤩! What a well written review Afra! As always for Aara!