love&war by Barlowgirl | Teen Ink

love&war by Barlowgirl

By ReflectionsofYou GOLD, Mason, Tennessee
ReflectionsofYou GOLD, Mason, Tennessee

Barlowgirl's new cd "love&war" is an 11 track stop-and-make-you-think album worth picking up. "love&war" is the soundtrack to the fight to show others love while being at war with mainstream culture and ideas. Filled with empowering yet challenging lyrics, it's message is relevant and appreciated by fans of the all girl group. Most of whom share the same struggle.
Power tracks such as "Come alive", "Running out of time" and "Time for you to go" encourage listeners to stand up for what they believe in and not let others think for them. "Beutiful ending" is a slower song about laying down your selfishness for you own good. One ballad inperticular, "Tears fall"[feuturing the Fisk Jubilee singers] touches on the scars and lost lives of abortion. It's almost garenteed to make you to tears. But most of all it mourns the "hearts that will never beat".
"love&war" is encouraging fresh andenergizing. Barlowgirl step up artistaclly, musically and lyrically for their previos projects. It just goes to show how much they've grown in the last six years.
After listening to this cd you'll be left with this challenge: "To live, to die and to war for the sake of love". I highly recommend both this band and this cd.

I heard this cd and just HAD to write about it.

TheJust ELITE said...
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida

"I feel that a hero is somebody who will stand up for their values and what they believe in and that can take any form. People that have values and have thought them through rather than those who just do what they’re told."-Skandar Keynes

"When it’

Barlow Girl is one of my favorite bands. I love them!!

blackrose326 GOLD, Burlington, North Carolina

If who I am is what I have and what I have is lost then who am I? Anonymous
Beauty can not be found in worldy views for these are; corrupted veiws straight form the gates of hell - Anonymous

yuppers!!!!!

thesilverrose BRONZE, Richardson, Texas

"Three may keep a secret, if two of them are dead." -Benjamin Franklin

ok. thank you!

Omg, that's like so cool. HAHAHA!!!!! I'll post on your page when I get home.

silverrose- I'm a member Im blackrose

Reflections- Your welcome I'll check it out I don't have their self titled it's on my christmas list underneath concert tickets to their show in Lynchburg. YAY!!!! Barlowgirl fans.

ReflectionsofYou GOLD, Mason, Tennessee
Thank you for commenting Blackrose326 :] I have a book review that went through too, if either of you want to look at it. It's "Holly's heart" by Beverely Lewis. And I have every cd except the christmas one and Another jurnal[sp?] entry[which is on my christmas list. It's one of the things I want the most:] so, Thesilverrose, I think following your traditions is pretty cool:] We believe that Jesus was born of a virgin, sent from God, lived a perfect life and chose to die for us. And yeah, salvation is pretty much what you said. You know I think it's a little sad that you know so much about what you believe and your traditions and can explain them but so many Christian teeagers really couldn't tell you why they believe what they believe. They just repeat what they've been taught and proably don't even know what aplogetics is:[

thesilverrose BRONZE, Richardson, Texas

i wish i did, but you know. you should check out the BarlowGirl website

Great article, it is an amazing cd. I have all their cd's except the first.

thesilverrose BRONZE, Richardson, Texas

As in salvation, do you mean like believing that Jesus is the only way to Heaven, and that no one will get to the Father but by Him? We believe that you have to believe in Jesus , and except Him as your savior in order to have eternal life. Basicly... we have the Jewish traditions. Like Channukkah. Right now is the 3rd day (starting at 6:00 in the evening) of Channukahha. There are 8 days. Now, there is a certain book, the Talmud... not everthing in it is correct and tradition. Or for that matter, in the Bible. =) There are several traditions.... um.... the Jewish new year is (depending on the year) in Sept. or Oct. Rosh Hashonna... we eat apples and dip them in honey to remind us and to wish others a happy new year and to have a sweet one too. Passover... Pesach (pronounce the "CH" as a "K") we don't eat leavened food, we clear it out of our house. The leaven represents sin... and we want to clear the sin out of our lives. We don't eat leavened products for seven days. I don't exactly know why though. Now Purim... oh... i have to go. i will write you about purim later. One more... Yom Kippur is the Day of Attoinment... that is the day that the high priest would offer an atoinment for all the people to G-D to cleanse everyone of their sins. Now, we don't shed an animals blood, because Jesus shed His blood for us when He died on the cross. The lamb offered had to be perfect. Spotles... and Jesus was the PERFECT Lamb for us. There is more. but i have to go. There is plenty more.
=) I'll write more later.

ReflectionsofYou GOLD, Mason, Tennessee
Oh, okay. I'v heard of the Messianic thing. We've actually talk about it in sunday school before. So I've heard that you pretty much believe what we do but you still carry on the Jewish traditions. Is that right? So again if I'm not making you unconfortable, do you believe in salvation? And which traditions do you carry on and why? That's always been interesting to me because I'm really a traditionalist. :]

thesilverrose BRONZE, Richardson, Texas

LOL!!! Wow... 20 comments... pretty awesome. Yea, I like their website. No, you're not being nosy. I am Messianic. I believe Jesus or as we call him Yeshua cause that is His Hebrew name is G-D's son and G-D (HaShem: THENAME) sent him to die for us, and that He is the Messiah. I read the Torah (5 books of Moses) and I've read it to the entire congregation, becoming a Bat Mitzvah. It was awesome. <br />
that is the synagogue I attend. It is awesome. Just simply wonderful. <br />
Oh no, no offense taken at all. Well, my Dad had been going for three years before us then one day he was going, and the Jewish sabbath or as we call it, Shabbat, is on Saturday. I asked if I could come with him and he told me I could. Well guess what. It was the Jewish new year, Rosh HAsHONNA!!! I didn't know that. Soon enough I enrolled in learning Hebrew there on Sundays and I couldn't go to church all the time. I felt good where I was, but coming here was even better. So, I switched. I was serving in Children's Ministry when I left my old church. Dec. 12, Channukkah begins. It is the festival of lights. I tell you more about it later because I have to start school!!! <br />
LOL!!! Ya, the My-G-D-Space sounds a little corny. Cool... I'm not 14 so I'd have to ask my parents next year. :D Cool...

ReflectionsofYou GOLD, Mason, Tennessee
It's the christian version of my-space. Sounds really corny I know but you can message people on there and there's a chat room that no one ever goes in.... So how did you go from a church to a synagogue? You sounded like a christian in your other comments. [no offense or anything:] Tell me a little about what you believe. If I'm not being too nosy LOL

And yes I'v been to BG's website but it's been a long time. I can check it out when I have a little more time. And yeah we are really filling up this page but that's good! I'v got like 20 comments now!

thesilverrose BRONZE, Richardson, Texas

Cool. Ya, I'm not supposed to hand out my email either. Me, being Jewish... you know walking into a synagogue after you've been in a church your whole life feels like coming home. Into Israel. No ma'am... I have never heard of Mr-G-D-space. I'll google it though. What is it?

I know you've heard of BarlowGirl, but have you been to their website? I'm a member there... so I keep in touch with others. You could do the same. Looks like we are filling up this page here. :D

ReflectionsofYou GOLD, Mason, Tennessee
Yeah, you'll be the first to know if I ever get a book publish:D I'm not supposed to give out my emial or go to chat rooms soooo maybe we could think of something else.... And yeah that's all I really want is to serve Him. But you probably know how it is, sometimes you just wonder if your imaging the whole thing.... P.S. have you ever heard of My-God-space?

thesilverrose BRONZE, Richardson, Texas

Awesome. If you write a book, I'd probably be the first person to check it out. It would be awesome. G-D has given you a passion for writing. He will use it for His glory. I think it is so awesome. We should email eachother sometime...

ReflectionsofYou GOLD, Mason, Tennessee
Definately. As far as I can tell writing is what he's called me to do. I figure that must mean He has something to say through me. It's a pretty cool feeling actually and it took forever for me to relize it.

thesilverrose BRONZE, Richardson, Texas

:D I dunno if I'll write as a career. Whatever G-D calls me to do is what I'll do. Maybe I could balance a couple of different careers. I dunno. What about you? Would you write as a career?

ReflectionsofYou GOLD, Mason, Tennessee
No problem:] That's how we get better.

Sooo, is writing something your interested is doing when your older? Like maybe even as a career?

thesilverrose BRONZE, Richardson, Texas

Ya, the page said it could take a couple of weeks to go through. But anyways... yea, writing can take practice. You are really encouraging me... thanks. =)

ReflectionsofYou GOLD, Mason, Tennessee
It will probably take a while for fiction to go through. I subitted a non-fiction a couple months ago expecting to see it up pretty soon. It took a week and a half:/

But this review only took a couple days. It just depends on the number of submissions like they said, I guess. I'v put in a couple of crummy pieces too but it's no big deal. It just takes practice I guess.