Light Me Up by The Pretty Reckless | Teen Ink

Light Me Up by The Pretty Reckless

February 25, 2011
By princeofsparx DIAMOND, Manhattan, New York
princeofsparx DIAMOND, Manhattan, New York
57 articles 8 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
Those who reach for the stars should never forget the flowers that bloom at their feet.


To most teenagers around the world, Taylor Momsen is still seen as the sweet and innocent girl from Gossip Girl. What most don't know, is that she has a blossoming music career as well.

Lead singer of a band called The Pretty Reckless, Taylor's debut album Light Me Up, is a far cry from her TV persona. From hit singles such as Make Me Wanna Die and Just Tonight, Taylor shows a new facet of her unique personality to the world. When I first heard that Taylor Momsen was going to be releasing a rock album, my initial thought was that she was another TV Star attempting to break into the music world in hopes of becoming a triple threat like Miley Cyrus or Hilary Duff. I was pleasantly surprised by her music because not only is it edgy, it's very honest. She doesn't sing the manufactured pop that the world is dominated by today, but emotional and powerful songs about much of what teenagers go through in their journey to adulthood. Not only does Taylor show her rock n' roll side in the album, she shows her feminine side as well, especially with the song You.

Whatever her occupation may be, Taylor Momsen has a bright future ahead of her. Blessed with a beautiful voice and a headstrong perspective, her new album Light Me Up is just the beginning for many more great albums to come.