Summer Jams for Summer 2011 by Various Artists | Teen Ink

Summer Jams for Summer 2011 by Various Artists

By Katie R PLATINUM, Fort Plain, New York
Katie R PLATINUM, Fort Plain, New York

Summer is here once again. The sun is shining, and the beaches are calling. Once again, radio stations will start putting your summer jams in repeat. But when you get tired of all of those replays, be sure to turn to this list of eclectic hits from yesterday, today, and tomorrow. These are your Summer Jams for the Summer of 2011.

#1. "Boomin'" by TobyMac. TobyMac takes his original mix of rap, singing abilities, hip-hop and rock beats to create a total dance hit. The creative lyrics and awesome beat make this an awesome song to blast in the car during that long summer road trip.

#2. "Good Life" by OneRepublic. With a laid-back feel and an uplifting tune, this has become another hit for these hit-making soft-rockers.

#3. "Good Ridance(Time of Your Life)" by Green Day. This is for all of you 2011 graduates out there. The guys of Green Day take their lyrical talents and create a song perfect for any graduate. A song that makes an ode to all of those memories that we've made in high school, all of those friends we've become close with that we'll soon leave behind, and all of those dreams that we will soon be chasing and soon be living.

#4. "Loser Like Me" by The Glee Cast. The talented cast of "Glee" proves that they can do much more than just perform covers with this original song they performed on their hit T.V. show. An infectious beat, an uplifting tempo, and lyrics that totally coincide with the show- not enough to make it cheesy- make it an original hit for these young hit-makers.

#5. "Dirty Little Secret" by The All-American Rejects. This is a total All-American Rejects classic that will live on with its early 2000's pop/rock flavor, sing-along lyrics, and great vocals. This song has it all.

#6. "NotBroken" by The Goo Goo Dolls. Their signature acoustic guitar sound starts off the first verse. Rising drums, vocals, and an orchestra set build up to the chorus, carry on through the second verse then explode in the bridge. It's safe to say that these guys have another great hit on their hands.

#7. "Born This Way" by Lady Gaga. This twenty-five year-old world-wide pop-sensation has created what could be the hit of the year. With her unique mix of techno and pop beats, danceable style, and rocket-powered vocals, Gaga has made another chart-topping hit that makes every little monster realize that they were born this way, baby.

#8. "Two Princes" by The Spin Doctors. One of the biggest hits of the 90's, this is a laid back, danceable beat that appeals to any age no matter what decade you're in.

#9. "Lost Highway" by Bon Jovi. From their 2007 release of the same name, Bon Jovi goes with thier legendary mix of rock and soul while a slight hint of country underlines the tone of the song. With a soul-freeing beat and chasing-down-your-dreams lyrics, these guys have created another song that can be enjoyed for years to come. It's another awesome summer road trip jam. Be sure to catch these guys on tour the next time they hit the road. Trust me, you won't regret it.

#10. "Story of Us" by Taylor Swift. Taylor takes her incredible writing abilities to create story-telling lyrics about what should've been an awesome relationship that went wrong. A great mix of country and rock beats make this another hit for Taylor and another great song for you and your friends to jump around to this summer.

#11. "Firework" by Katy Perry. In this song, Katy shows just how strong her vocal talents are, belting out every word on the choruses and bringing emotion throuh every inspirational lyric that talks about loving yourself for who you are and showing the world what you're made of.

So, there you have it. Your Summer Jams for the summer of 2011. No matter what you're doing this summer- pool parties, road trips, or just hanging out with your friends- these songs will be perfect for any summer occasion. and congratulations to the class of 2011! We did it, guys! Enjoy, and have a wonderful summer.