T-Pain and the topic of vocal editing by T-Pain | Teen Ink

T-Pain and the topic of vocal editing by T-Pain

By chloena_garrett GOLD, Colorado City, Texas
chloena_garrett GOLD, Colorado City, Texas

At the touch of love, everyone becomes a poet.

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

A poem is never finished, only abandoned.

Art is the only way to run away without leaving home.

With computerized vocals and vulgar lyrics, T-Pain has taken today's music by storm. In my opinion, it should NOT be that way. In a recent interview with Power 103, T-Pain states that the music he released in 2011 without the auto-tuned vocals dropped to the bottom of the charts, while the fake, overrated, computerized, digitally enhanced music shot to the top. Meanwhile, other recording artists, such as Katy Perry, The Wanted, and Usher are doing better on the charts with their own, natural voices than T-Pain is doing even WITH the auto-tune. Why is this? Because he is not very talented. PEOPLE, if you need to enhance your vocals to be a good singer, then you shouldn't even BE a famous singer. When you think about how much most of the music of today is being edited, you begin to realize that we are basically just listening to computers sing. Think about how crazy it would sound if when you listened to music, you said "dang that PC can sing"... Um... no. No one says that, and they shouldn't ever have to. Vocal editing is stupid in most cases, and I'd personally rather listen to an actual person sing. I mean, that IS what they are famous for, right? I wonder what the rest of society's opinion on this subject is...

haha oh hush. your songs are great

XCBVIA GOLD said...
XCBVIA GOLD, Delaware, Ohio

NGU. Never give up.

I totally agree with you and even though you like my songs I don't think I have the voice for it... LOL