A Day Without Rain by Enya | Teen Ink

A Day Without Rain by Enya MAG

By ClaireM. ELITE, Albany, New York
ClaireM. ELITE, Albany, New York

The 2000 release of Enya's “A Day Without Rain” exploded onto the pop market, thrilling listeners with its layered choral resonance. This compilation is rich with synthesized strings, soul-stirring vocals, and a refreshing title track that is simply instrumental, though no less amazing.

The general feeling this mystical music brings to mind is a soulful, playful emotion, combined with fun staccato rhythms that fade into a lovely legato. Listeners can't help but sing along with these unique melodies. Enya has a remarkable capability to create gorgeous music without becoming stale or dull. Each song is different, but there is an overall flow that both heals and uplifts.

The title track, “A Day Without Rain,” truly pinpoints the joy of sunshine after prolonged rain. Another track, “Lazy Days,” gives way to a spunky, light tune, recalling warm afternoons and laughing children, and “Only Time” is full of luscious harmonies and layering. They demonstrate Enya's ability to vary her musical style.

This collection of songs is dazzling and intense. Enya's music continues to spread the joy of discovering life's gifts.

Truly extraordinary.