Live Trax 7 | Teen Ink

Live Trax 7 MAG

By Anonymous

     Last December, Dave Matthews Band released its seventh in the Live Trax series. This is a collection of selected concert recordings only available through the mail or by download. This concert was recorded at the Hampton Coliseum in Virginia, during the last stop of their 1996 New Year’s run. The concert consisted of 20 songs lasting a little over two and a half hours. The set list includes songs from studio albums - “Crash,” “Under the Table and Dreaming,” and “Remember Two Things.”

Béla Fleck joined the band on stage for nine songs. The rest of the members of Béla Fleck and the Flecktones joined in for five songs beginning with #41 for the group’s first-ever performance with the Dave Matthews Band. Together they put on one of the best jam sessions I have ever heard.

The “Improv Jam” and “Drum Duet between Future Man and Carter” are equally amazing. Notable variations of classic Dave Matthews Band songs played throughout this concert included “Say Goodbye,” “Satellite,” “Two Step,” and “Seek Up.”

This album is a must buy for any Dave Matthews Band fan or follower. After seeing the band performing with Béla Fleck this past summer, I was able to imagine myself at this earlier concert. Every show Dave Matthews puts on is different. This is a great addition to anyone’s collection and should not be viewed as just another

concert.