Reel Big Fish -- Crouching Fish, Hidden Finger | Teen Ink

Reel Big Fish -- Crouching Fish, Hidden Finger MAG

By Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
1044 articles 0 photos 1 comment

   Sweatdripping from the faces of the band and punk fans alike was the scene at the"Crouching Fish, Hidden Finger Tour," the latest tour by Reel Big Fishand Goldfinger. The two punk bands had to extend their national tour to includefour more cities because it was such a hit. The show also included fellow punkbands Home Grown, The Movielife, and, here in Phoenix, the local Riddlin'Kids.

The concert began with the Riddlin' Kids, who sounded like a badversion of New Found Glory. Next came The Movielife. They sounded decent, buttopped their performance with R.E.M.'s "It's The End of the World,"which got the crowd riled up. Next was Home Grown, who played "SurferGirl" and did an awesome version of "Barbie Girl." They weredefinitely the best of the three openers.

After a long equipment change,Goldfinger took the stage and got the crowd moshing and surfing. They did a lotto please the fans; the lead guitarist threw his guitar into the crowd. Thehighlight was when they had guys come on stage dressed like Destiny's Child, andsing.

By then everyone wanted to see Reel Big Fish. When they finallycame out, the crowd went nuts. R.B.F. played songs from "Turn the RadioOff" and "Why do They Rock so Hard?" while the crowd moshed,skanked (a dance to ska-punk music), and really enjoyed the music. The crowdespecially loved "She Has a Girlfriend Now." R.B.F. closed with theirmost popular "Sellout."

You could tell the concert had littlefunding since the stage had nothing extra on it. It proves what many punk bandstry to say: you don't need a lot of fancy stuff to put on a great show. Reel BigFish and Goldfinger put on a great concert, and I'm glad I got the chance to seeit.