Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band by The Beatles | Teen Ink

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band by The Beatles

By theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida
theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida

Take me As I Am - James Labrie of Dream Theater

I decided to stray away from my massive load of Heavy metal and go way back to the late 60's. Sgt. Pepper is one of my personal favorites by the Beatles. This is argueable the most experimental album from these guys. Paul, John, George, and especially Ringo all did a fantastic job with this album. Well let's get to the track list, shall we?

Tracklist: 1, Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, the title track is always first. Being a playable song in The Beatles Rock Band this is short and led by Paul. This is the intro to a concept album and introduces the fictional character Billy Sheers. It's only 2 minutes long but then it goes into the next son....

2, With A Little Help From My Friends, The Ringo song in the album and also my favorite Ringo song of all time, even above Yellow Submarine. It's soothing, an untimly classic and also appears in The Beatles Rock Band.

3, Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds, John is a beast with this song. It sounds like  he blew up a balloon and then sucked up all of the air into him. This was also referenced many times to Dream Theater's Octavarium, to even having a prehistoric skeleton named after this very song. A wonderful sing-along but also sounds like Pink Floyd with it's pychedelic nature.

4, Getting Better, "it's getting better al the ti-i-ime." It truely is guys. Sung by Paul it tells a story of how a guy manages to make his life better as he gets older. It also foreshadows the dark times of the Beatles. :)

5, Fixing a Hole, this follows Paul's classical nature and hit's Home Run, disclaimer: I am not a baseball player. It is one of the best ones and talks about a simple subject, fixing a hole in the ceiling. Not only that, but he decides to tinker with his entire house to make it more livable just to keep his mind from wandering.

6, She's Leaving Home, a duet with Paul and John, this follows the pattern of the last one. The subject matter is different though being the most somber of them all. If I had to make a Top 10 saddest Rock Songs list, this would be towards the top. "She's leaving home after living alone for so many years."

7, Being For The Benifit Of Mr. Kite, John literaly got the lyrics of a flyer for a circus parade. It shows as well what with the circus sounding theme here. Crazy, but very cool.

8, Within You, Without You, the longest song on the track list and the most pschedelic of the bunch. Sung by George it follows his Indian/Eastern style of music. Kind of weak but, hey, its still very good. Bravo.

9, When I'm Sixty-Four, Sung by Paul this is oddly my favorite song in the album. It once again follows his classical style and talks about the pleasures of being old. I can only imagine my Grandfather singing this only a year or so from now.

10, Lovely Rita, this is a weak song on this list and honestly is very forgetable too. Its a combination of Paul, George, and John's music styles and clashes like two swords in a battle. It is short and is kind of catchy too.

11, Good Morning, Good Morning, after watching a cereal commercial John wrote the song and it became a classic to be told. Catchy, fast, and enjoyable as heck this is something to look after.

12, Sgt. Pepper (reprise), this is the shortest song on the album and is also faster than it's normal version. That's al i half to say.

13, A Day In The Life, this has a slow part and a fast part to it both clashing well. A great ending to the album

9.9/10 Next review is meshuggah's Koloss like I promised.