Silverthorn(2012) by Kamelot | Teen Ink

Silverthorn(2012) by Kamelot

By theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida
theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida

Take me As I Am - James Labrie of Dream Theater

Staying in the modern era of Kamelot, their 2012 is the first album to not feature former vocalist Thomas Youngblood. Now this doeas not detracked anything from the album, in fact it gives a nice change of pase when compared to some of the older ones. Following more of the Epica/Ghost Opera styles of Kamelot, this album includes many singles as well to help new fans get into the band like Falling Like the Farenheit, Ashes to Ashes, and Sacrimony. The album is a fun ride front to back especially with the 8 minute epic just ending off the album. I can see a bright future for the men of Tampa, Florida. I also expect a new album soon so, I'll be waiting for that.

Of course with the new vocalist there could be some issues with the fans because of how much they knew about Tom, but to me, this guy doesn't sound that much different from Tom so I don't exactly see your issue. It's like comparing Bruce Dickingson and Blaze Bayley, the only difference is that Blaze has a slightly deeper voice which he does use to his advantage at times in X-Factor but otherwise, nothing else. Also, the band isn't exactly Shakespeare with lyrics but tracks like Song For Jolee or Torn are awesome lyrically.

Overall, one of the best of 2012 and it goes to show that a little step can go a long way. As if I didn't like this band before, this is one of the reasons why I'm proud to be Floridian. 9.5/10. This is the Grim Reaper, signing off.

I would like the next album to be from Korpiklaani, but I need to address Eluveitie first, so Eluveitie's Helvetious will be next.