2112 by Rush | Teen Ink

2112 by Rush

April 13, 2015
By theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida
theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida
247 articles 0 photos 57 comments

Favorite Quote:
Take me As I Am - James Labrie of Dream Theater


Rush, a Canadian progressive rock band that have been around for God knows when. 2112 is the concept album about a man who ends up in the dystopian future of the album`s namesake. This is where he finds the Temple of Syrinx and a mysterious sound called music. He goes up to the priest with this "new" discovery but the priest rejects it saying " yes, we know. Its nothing new, but a waste of our time. Leave now or we will take you by force." This song is also playable as a seven part split in Guitar Hero 6 as a way to test the ability of the current four warriors. Now while 2112 is 20 minutes long, do more there is more in the album after that which all take up the second half of the album. Most of the tracks beyond the title track are only about 3 to 4 minutes, LAME! The one big problem I have with this album is that it could've been much longer than it is. But that's just me. I like it enough as it is and nothing is going to change that.
I firmly give this a 9/10. I am the Grim Reaper, signing off.