Beethoven's Last Night by Trans Siberian Orchestra | Teen Ink

Beethoven's Last Night by Trans Siberian Orchestra

April 30, 2015
By theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida
theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida
247 articles 0 photos 57 comments

Favorite Quote:
Take me As I Am - James Labrie of Dream Theater


You may,know this group if you've heard their performance on the popular Christmas songs Carols of the Bells and We Three Kings, or you're a fan of the Floridian symphonic rock band Savatage. Much like Savatage, they hail from my land of Florida, play Christmas like songs, and play symphonic/progressive rock. Why progressive rock? Because the have made concept albums such as this.
Beethoven`s Last Night is their,interpretation of Ludwig Van Beethoven beginning to realize he's going dead and goes insane. We've all heard this before, next to his 9th Symphony and,his Victory movement(which they play little quips in the album)this is his most popular story. Now, I'm not sure if you know but I love classical music. Think about it, I plan the violin, I love symphonic metal so it all makes sense. This is a nice of fresh air from some Baroch and Classical music I may be listening to. A little fun fact, when I first heard of the band, I was expecting for symphonic death metal much like,Fleshgod or SepticFlesh. For those of you in a school, county or,private orchestra or band, I suggest you ask your instructor or teacher to play anything from this band for the next Christmas concert or whatever you call it. This is some A plus material right here.
I give this album a 10/10, call me bias. I am the Grim Reaper, signing off.


The author's comments:

While I would love everyone to like what I do, we all know it can't happen. But, I still want everyone to give Trans Siberian Orchestra a chance, at least during the winter holidays.