Marshall Mathers LP 2 by Eminem | Teen Ink

Marshall Mathers LP 2 by Eminem

May 20, 2015
By theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida
theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida
247 articles 0 photos 57 comments

Favorite Quote:
Take me As I Am - James Labrie of Dream Theater


Yep, I've gone here into the rap territory once again with the same guy but a different album. As we all know this guy is one of few rappers that was able to revolutionize rap and hip hop not only based off of his race, but also off of his genuine ability and creative, sometimes dark lyrical structures. He may very well be my favorite.
Marshall Mathers LP 2 is, well, a sequel to the original. Though this time around his style has morphed and evolved over the years and been made possibly a bit more mainstream to some. We all know Rap God and the one 20 second fast part that is hard to pull off without much practice. Everyone knows Rap God by now because of that one selling point and the fact that it's written like a freestyle, though it really isn't. While I would say Rap God is admittedly an awesome song, I can find better like the First track Bad Guy which is one of those "letter to fan" scenarios you be familiar with from early on. There of course have been many guest stars throughout this massive beast(besides, Eminem is like the rap version of Ayreon just less science is involved). We also have a song that guest stars Rhianna(however you spell it) and Kendrick Lamar just to name a few. I do feel like for the ones that aren't Rap God, there is still some classic Slim Shady moments and for the times that aren't, it basically shows how far he's come since the 90s.
I give this an 8/10. I an the Grim Reaper, signing off.


The author's comments:

Expect alot of reviewing in the summer months. Lots of new albums coming out soon.