Light of Day, Day of Darkness by Green Carnation | Teen Ink

Light of Day, Day of Darkness by Green Carnation

By theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida
theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida

Take me As I Am - James Labrie of Dream Theater

Into more of a black metalish realm of the progressive metal genre, we arrive at Ihsahn(the guy from Emperor)and his original band. They have been around since the 90s and while I'm not sure if their still around today, you might find me listening to some of their other works prior and possibly since if any. Considering that I love Emperor and progressive music, I really don't have much of a choice but to like the stuff this group puts out.
This album released once again on the very year that I was born is more or less a concept album. It is one due to the way they express the Yin and the Yang as the title suggests. While there is easily more darkness than light, whichever you're into, you'll find on this album. What might define the light of day would be melodic vocals and guitars and even soft atmospheres to boot. As for the Day of Darkness(which I mentioned, there's alot of)it's usually defined by the heavy, brutal, and even for a small twinge in the album, some old fashioned black metal tremolo picking styles kind of revealing their roots a little bit. They incorporate many emotions throughout the album anything from sadness to happiness to fear as expected from something of a Yin Yang state. Did I mention it's another one track album? Well it is and it lasts for about an hour. Within this hour, you have so much to find in this album and so much here that intrigues you and encourages you to finish it all in one take. There are of course, some lyrics here and there though in case they are few and far between giving more of a Shine On You Crazy Diamond feel. In other words it gives everyone some time to shine and for me, that's one of the things that make music really good and interesting for me. This band goes leaps and bounds to explore and expand their horizons in music and see what they can do. If you haven't yet checked out this album, I encourage you to do so because you'll be missing out if you don't.
I give this a 10/10. I am the Grim Reaper, signing off.

Thanks for reading.