Unplugged by Beaten To Death | Teen Ink

Unplugged by Beaten To Death

By theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida
theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida

Take me As I Am - James Labrie of Dream Theater

If you ever thought that there could never be such a thing as melodic grindcore, I encourage you to think again. This is an interesting release might I add. I recommend, you come into this open-minded.
So as with many grindcore albums since the beginning of time, these will be almost always be incredibly short, and the tracks are gonna be 2 minutes or less. Of course, that's not really important because it's within every grindcore release ever but this one seems to be exceptionally short, being 21 minutes. The entire 13 tracks you get will be filled with some brutal melody, and it's interesting to say the least. Alot of the tracks on this album seem to contain a melodic guitar in the background that you can sort of hear amongst the in-your-face chaos at the forefront of the album, which still shows some melodic tendencies. How? Simple, they don't wail on every instrument to make loud and obnoxious sounds seem to go by in one minute, instead they tone down the guitar and bass a little bit, and keep the drums wailing. While the sound is still chunky, like it normally is, it does some non-grindcore things to it. It's hard to explain for me but I like it and Beaten to Death have made one of the best grindcore releases yet. I recommend you check it out at least out of curiosity.
I give it a 9/10. I am the Grim Reaper, signing off.

Well this looks like a grindcore sized review. I apologize if this was a bit short, but I wasn't left with much other than a very good album. Plus it was only 21 minutes which further limited my review.