025 - Threshold(2015) by Various Artists | Teen Ink

025 - Threshold(2015) by Various Artists

January 9, 2016
By theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida
theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida
247 articles 0 photos 57 comments

Favorite Quote:
Take me As I Am - James Labrie of Dream Theater


Back to Monstercat territory we have currently their most recent mix. I really shouldn't have to give this company, or family depending on your preference, too much introduction. I will have to say that this is a great way to have ended off 2015 in my opinion. There is the usual 30 tracks as there have always been since 012, but this one, holds more than meets the eye.
In this mix we have two trap songs, four indie dance/nu disco songs, two dubstep songs, four electro songs, four house songs, two glitch hop songs, two drum n bass songs, eight electronic songs and possibly something else I can't remember. This even got it's own two-hour podcast that it seems to be that hyped up. Anyway, I would consider this one more an electronic section or new/returning artist mix. The former because this entire thing has at least 8 tracks under the color, and the latter because there have been many new artists and returning artists coming to the fold like Snavs, Klaypex, Botnek, I See MONSTAS, Openwater, Pierce Fulton, MORTEN, Matt Vice, Project 46, Case & Point and Haywyre. Long list I know. In case you're wondering, my favorite song on this album is probably the saddest one of them all, No Regrets by Openwater & Matt Vice. Some of my other favorites include Home, Drive Away, Stickup, Time, Be Free, Endlessly, Float Away, Deeper Love, Porkchop Express, Ison, We Are The Lights, Boy and The Beast and Lost Without You. I surprisingly enough like every song on here, and Televisor is in this one so, that says something. It has a very light and dark feel to it, although the latter is more fitting for the cover, as we see Monstercat return home to a giant pile of rubble, referencing Launch Week. I would say that, I would've liked to see Pegboard Nerds, Noisestorm or Razihel on this mix. In fact both Razihel and Pegboard Nerds released a new song during the span of the album, Razihel collabed with Xilent and made dubstep and Pegboard Nerds made a VIP mix of their Future Bass song Emoji. Although, I realized that this would add more to the list and won't add up to 30. Also, Drumstep makes s return with Tristam's The Vine which sadly, wouldn't make it to my top 15 of the mix, it's still a pretty good song though. Is it may favorite of the year? No, that would be 022 which features at least one of every genre and has alot of fantastic songs to boot. I won't give a rating for Monstercat mixes sadly but you can figure out how much I like something from reading it. Overall, this is a great way to end the year. On to 026, Let's see what all, that has to offer.


The author's comments:

There's still more to come, I'll try to review as many of these as possible starting with this one.