Lady Gaga | Teen Ink

Lady Gaga

By Tempestt Patterson BRONZE, Queens, New York
Tempestt Patterson BRONZE, Queens, New York

“Gaga Gaga in the room” can be heard on “Starstruck”, one of the many tracks off of Lady Gaga’s debut album “The Fame”. She has always made her presence known and was always an entertainer. As a little girl, she would sing along on her mini plastic tape recorder to Michael Jackson and Cyndi Lauper hits. At age 4, she learned how to play piano by ear. By age 13, she had written her first piano ballad. She was signed by her 20th birthday and have written songs for artists such as the Pussycat Dolls. So with her writing songs for other artists, it is no surprise that she wrote all the songs on “The Fame”.

“The Fame” has a mixture of different genres. When Lady Gaga ,22, was asked to describe her album she said “ I marry a lot of different genres. It’s a bit retro, a bit glamorous, and you can dance to it. It’s very futuristic, very fresh, and very dramatic, sort of like theatrical pop”. Working mainly with producers Redone and Martin Kierszenbaum, “The Fame” is a well constructed dance album that is sure to get any party started.

Just look at the lead single, “Just Dance”, produced by Akon and Redone and featuring Akon and Colby O’ Donis. It has lyrics that are easy to get stuck in your head and a beat that you can’t help but “Just Dance” to.

Other up tempo tracks on the album leave the same effect. “Money Honey” shows her love of money and “Boys, Boys, Boys” shows her love of boys! She is very risqué on “ Love Game” and title track “The Fame” really shines. The song “ The Fame” was also used as the theme song on the Australian version of “Make me a Supermodel”.

“Paper Gangsta” and “Starstuck” gives the album it’s hip hop edge. “Starstruck” features Space Cowboy and “Elevator” rapper Flo Rida. Singles “Poker Face” and “Beautiful, Dirty, Rich” features sharp beats and very interesting lyrics.

The mid tempo songs are “I Like it Rough” and “Paparazzi”. “Paparazzi” has lyrics like “ follow you until you love me” and “I won’t stop until that boy is mine”. “Paparazzi” shows persistence aka stalker. The two slow songs “Eh, Eh (Nothing else to say)" and “Brown Eyes” honestly should have been left off of the album and have been bonus tracks.

All and all, “The Fame” is a solid album, The mid and up tempo tracks are hits and sadly the slow songs are a miss. The album is perfect for clubs and a good workout. Lady Gaga can be compared to the likes of Fergie, Gwen Stefani and Katy Perry. By this album it is totally understandable why everyone is going Gaga over Lady Gaga!

I am a book and entertainment reviewer. Check out my blogs. http://temppatt.blogspot.com/ for book reviews and http://temppatttoo.blogspot.com/ for entertainment reviews.