Gilmore Girls | Teen Ink

Gilmore Girls MAG

By Anonymous

     “Gilmore Girls,” now in its seventh (and final) season, is an amazing television show that follows the lives of the mother/daughter team of Lorelai and Rory Gilmore. Lorelai is an energetic, opinionated woman born to wealthy parents, neither of whom lack energy or opinions themselves. Lorelai got pregnant with Rory at the age of 16 and decided to move out of Hartford, Connecticut, to seek refuge in a small town nearby. At age 32 at the start of season one, Lorelai is doing well as the manager of the Independence Inn. She and Rory have a spectacularly close relationship and share everything.

Lauren Graham (Lorelai) and Alexis Bledel (Rory) each do an excellent job portraying their roles in this dramatic comedy. They act alongside a fabulous cast of quirky characters who make you envy their small-town life. Scriptwriter Amy Sherman-Palladino uses amazingly quick and often subtle humor to make the dialogue fast-paced, laugh-out loud funny, and a must-see for all.

“Gilmore Girls” is a hilariously joyful show, and if you’ve missed it, you can catch up by renting or buying past seasons. A plus to renting is that you can watch the special features which include interviews with the cast and crew, bloopers, commentary, and more.

I usually watch “Gilmore Girls” with my entire family - yes, even my dad. It’s our tradition and even though I’m often jealous that my mom isn’t more like Lorelai, watching “Gilmore Girls” has definitely brought us closer. It’s our little thing and that’s why I’m thankful for it. Maybe your family will like it, too. Give it a try.