Attack Of The Killer Tomatoes | Teen Ink

Attack Of The Killer Tomatoes MAG

Hey!! Hold it!! No, I'm not writing a review of the movie that...well...changed movie history. I'm talking about one of the best new Saturday morning cartoons around. It's total laughs from beginning to end. The characters are a total riot!

The cartoon is about Dr. Putrid T. Gangrene (cool name, huh?). He's a mad scientist who is trying to take over the city of San Zucchini with a bunch of talking killer tomatoes, some weird ideas and a surfer sidekick named Igor (really original, let me tell ya!!).

Dr. Gangrene has some enemies though. (Did you actually think he would get away with it?) The all-time hero of the show, Chad, is a teen-ager who, by the looks of it, has the brain of Einstein. Uncle Wilbur, Chad's uncle, is a veteran of the "Great Tomato War," so he thinks he knows it all, but he is sadly mistaken. I almost forgot Dr. Gangrene's bad experiment that turned into a girl. Her name is Tara and she has super "tomato" powers, and last we have F.T., a tomato that people think is a dog!! You can see how high the IQ of San Zucchini is!

The writers of the "masterpiece" should get an award for having the guts to copy other movies' themes and actors, and for writing something totally different.

Watch "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes" every Saturday morning at 9: 30 on Channel 25 (WFXT), Fox to most people. n