How I Met Your Mother | Teen Ink

How I Met Your Mother

By Crimson Piazza BRONZE, King George, Virginia
Crimson Piazza BRONZE, King George, Virginia

“How I Met Your Mother” A Series of a Life Time.

“How I Met Your Mother” is a show that debuted in September 2005. It follows the Characters Ted (Josh Radnor) and his friends; Marshal, (Jason Segel) Lily, (Alyson Hannigan) Robin, (Cobie Smulders) and Barney, (Neil Patrick Harris), through his journey meeting his wife. There have only been four directors throughout the series. From least to greatest, the directors were/are; Neil Patrick Harris, Michael Shea, Rob Greenberg, and Pamela Fryman. There have been 194 episodes. The show was created by Craig Thomas and Carter Bays, who are also the writers and executive producers. They are geniuses and I wish I could thank their mothers for giving birth to them!
As I mentioned before, the show follows Ted on his long winded quest to find his kids mother. Bob Saget narrates as future Ted, talking to his kids in the years 2030. While Ted is the main character, Neil Patrick Harris has most of the fans as his character, Barney, is the dirty minded, playboy, wall street guy. A running joke throughout the story is what he does for a living. Every time he is asked what he does, he reply’s with a chuckle and, “Please!” he has many catch phrases, which makes him even more enjoyable. The writers couldn’t be more brilliant. I picture them making a joke and then writing a sub note saying, “We need to bring this up again next season!” they have so many long winded jokes that they talk about all throughout the series. While watching all nine seasons, you start to think Ted has a really big problem. What is taking him so long to find a wife! He is damaged! Besides Ted’s inability to find a wife, I wouldn’t change ANYTHING about the show. I love it.
The show should be watched by at least a teenage+ audience. The jokes are funny, but parents might be angry to see their children laughing at them. I strongly recommend this show if you want a good laugh. Unlike other shows, they don’t rush to the joke. They take the time to set it up. I like shows where it’s more about dialogue than action. Their conversations make me laugh for days! Just thinking about it makes me chuckle! I rate this five out of… wait for it… FIVE! Five out of five! Watch the show to get this joke.