House | Teen Ink

House

September 18, 2008
By Anonymous

Over the summer I discovered a show called, House. Dr. House is a brilliant and extremely imaginative doctor. He works in the department of the hospital where they get only about one patient a week. He is called a diagnostician and his job is to find out what other people can not figure out. The patient usually has gone to another doctor and can not figure why they are sick and usually dying. House is such an interesting guy because he has a bum leg and is addicted to pain killers. His staff consists of three other doctors that basically do all of his dirty work. He tortures them constantly and makes them perform an insane amount of diagnoses. The single most amazing thing about Dr. House is that he is not afraid to make a plethora of diagnoses and also will do anything to save a patient. He is committed to solve the problem but really does not like the people he usually saves. He has one friend in the hospital and his name is Dr. Wilson (he is the one who prescribes all of his pain medication). Dr. House is a very sarcastic person and always makes fun of people when he gets a chance. He constantly demeans the team he has by telling them they are stupid. He gets to treat patients badly but he gets away with it because of his brilliance. All in all Dr. House is a jerk but you have to love him and respect him because in the end he always saves lives.



I can remember one episode I saw when House demanded that they close neonatal ICU (NICU) because two babies started seizing and almost died. Then he decided to close a whole floor because of the babies and went with his gut instinct. It’s amazing to watch him work. Dr. House is like Tiger Woods because they excel at what they know and they always give it their all. He ended up putting them on steroids and something else (I can not remember but it was something really complicated). At the end of the episode Dr. House is at his office and just watching people walk. He looks over to the NICU and sees a nurse sneeze into the teddy bears that they give the new born babies. He goes over to the nurse and says, you almost killed two babies, that is what sick days are for, you idiot! What a guy!



One of the seasons end with him firing all three of his employees because one of them falls in love with him. Another one just has given up and can not stand to work for him any more. The last one just runs out of motivation and his work starts to become very. He then lets thirty people interview for the positions and narrows it down to two guys and a girl. I think I forgot to mention that he does not like change.




Even if you are a working parent or a teen just looking for another show, it is compelling for most. The reason why I do not say all is because if you do not like needles or blood I would strongly advise you not to watch it. The show is one of the most interesting shows seen in years.