Fallout New Vegas | Teen Ink

Fallout New Vegas

January 28, 2022
By AppleManJoe BRONZE, Sacramento, California
AppleManJoe BRONZE, Sacramento, California
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"In a world filled with misery and uncertainty, it is a great comfort, to know that, in the end, there is light in the darkness" - Joshua Graham


You’re a courier who is set on delivering a platinum chip to a big man named Mr. House. While on your way to deliver said chip. You got ambushed by an egotistical and  snarky man named Benny and his hired gang, the Great Khans. As they drag you to a place named goodsprings. You are placed near a grave in the goodspring cemetery. As you gain your own consciousness. Benny says, “From where you’re kneeling it must be an 18-carent run of bad luck. Truth is. . . the game was rigged for the start.” Then boom, Benny shoots you with his gun named Maria. And the game has finally started.


New Vegas is a game set in a post-apocalyptic America in which you are a lone wanderer roaming the waste to set the scores right with Benny and get back the platinum chip. You get to choose what you can be. You can be a good samaritan, helping the people in need from those who want to do evil and making the waste a better place. Or being an evil son of a gun and leave havoc on the places you have visited, murdering anyone that stands in your way and in total, making the waste a more dangerous place. The choices of your playthrough can affect the places you visit and the ending of the game. It is highly recommended that you start this game first as your main entry into the fallout series as it’s great into the storytelling and gameplay department. It is not recommended to those who are either christan or kids under the ages of 13 or below, considering it has mild drug use and gambling because it wouldn’t be Vegas if there was gambling and people doing drugs now would it.


The game, which was created by a small studio named Obsidian Entertainment who were actually made up with ex-developers who actually made the old Fallout 1 and 2. Did have a small time to create this, which took 18 months for its creation. And with its status as a Triple A game, it is quite small and not enough time to “complete the game”. Considering that, the start and the few weeks of fallout new vegas were buggy as all hell and prone to crashing. They weren't about to leave this game on a cliff and actually created patches and dlc for the game. Making the game better than it was before.


As someone who has played this game for months. The game could get buggy at times, it could also crash at times too. But, even with these obvious flaws and deterences. The game is fun. The community who is still keeping this game alive with mods and videos make it a whole lot of fun for me and maybe, also you. And as someone who loves the Fallout series, I recommend this game to those who are interested in games in which your actions have consequences and affect the story as a whole.