Madden 22 in the Winter | Teen Ink

Madden 22 in the Winter

May 20, 2022
By Catratliff67 BRONZE, Palatine, Illinois
Catratliff67 BRONZE, Palatine, Illinois
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Over winter break, I was feeling the blues. It was cold, dark, lonely, and omicron was surging. I felt as if everything was boring and gloomy, but then I remembered how much fun I used to have when playing Madden. So I browsed through my collection of Madden games and came across Madden 22, my favorite football video game.  


John Madden popularized the title of the famous football video game, Madden. Being a very famous commentator and coach he joined along with the Madden Franchise and became the main commentator in Madden. With it’s new release in 2022 the franchise continued forward and with John Madden's recent death there has been more attention on the video game. Over the course of the break I began to start playing Madden 22, at the start the game felt as if I was reliving my childhood but I had complaints about Madden 22. For example, there are many game breaking bugs and glitches that make it unplayable such as the franchise mode in Madden 22. For instance you're playing the game and you're crushing your opponent when suddenly the game score changes for your opponent and your own score too. Also, there has been a lot of resurgence of players that have been asking for cross platform for many years including Madden 22, for instance Xbox players can’t play with their friends on PS4 and can only play with people on the same console, which is disappointing.


Although Madden 22 has some drawbacks, there are many good features. It still has the same feel as the other old Madden games, and makes you feel somewhat younger. In addition to its crisp and dynamic graphics the game updates the statistics of every player and when a player is injured in real life the game registers that they are injured too. Madden is all about realism, the franchise wants everything to be realistic including the plays and they stay away from anything cheesy, like impossible catches, unguardable players and more. Also, there has been added new features to the game such as “coaching and staff management”, “scouting improvements”, “new scenario engine enhancements”, and etc. All of these features make the game enjoyable to play with friends, family and even by yourself. 


Finally, my winter break was no longer gloomy, dark and lonely. I met up with some of my old friends while playing Madden 22 and enjoyed it very much. I was truly reliving my childhood when I played Madden 22. With all being said, why not start the year off great and get Madden 22?


The author's comments:

I’m Carter I really enjoy madden football games and this is my opinion while playing it during winter break.