Why the Xbox 360 Is Not the Perfect System | Teen Ink

Why the Xbox 360 Is Not the Perfect System

May 18, 2009
By Anonymous

Most people have an Xbox 360. A lot of people have a Nintendo Wii. PS3 sales are less then the 2 competitors. Since most people prefer e Xbox 360, it’s time for the PS3 to have the fame over the 360.
There are a lot of good things about the ps3 like the reflected shiny piano black color is like a mirror. Making decision is a problem so to get the best console; you have to compare the pros and cons. With my guidance, people can see why PS3 is better over the Xbox 360.
The disc for PS3 is called Blu-Ray disc and for the Xbox 360, it’s called DVD. Blu-Ray can hold up to 50 gigabytes while DVD can hold up to 10 gigabytes. That means the games and movies for PS3 can be longer with better graphics and since Blu-Ray came from Sony, Blu-ray cannot be on Xbox series.
The controller for PS3 is the same as PS2 except the “R2, L2” buttons are trigger and have a “PS” button instead “Select” button. For Xbox 360, the function of the controller is like PS2/PS3 because it was copy from Sony. The best part of the PS3 controller is the controller is wireless and can go up to 75 feet. To recharge the controller, just connect the USB type B to controller from PS3. But the 360 controller uses double A battery, also wireless but only goes up to 35 feet.
There is one major problem with the Xbox 360 “Red Ring of Death,” also known as “RROD.” This means if your 360 has 3 read lights, the 360 is dead. The PS3 on the other hand, has less then .3% failure rate while Xbox 360 has more the 10%. There have been reports of system failing after 2 or 3 weeks of play time after out of box.
If you have seen the price of PS3 and 360, you might think Xbox 360 is cheaper. You’re wrong. The PS3 now cost 400 USD (U.S. Dollar) while the Xbox 360 cost over 400 USD. Take for example the cheapest 360, 200 USD. Add the double A battery cost plus separate wi-fi connection that is around 100 USD now equal over 300 USD. Now add 50 USD per year for online and other separate stuff. Interested in 360 now?
Although the Xbox 360 online (Xbox Live) is better then PlayStation Network and has fees, The PSN is free. The PS3/PSN support internet browsing which you can go to any website wired or wireless using wi-fi. The 360 does not have internet browsing and does not have built-in wi-fi which the PS3 have so you have to buy a separate 100 USD wi-fi connection. Also the highest number of online player capacity for PS3 is 256 players for this new upcoming game called “MAG” while 360 highest is less then 40 players.
Even though the 360 is a good system, PS3 has more reason why to get the PS3 unless you want a system that breaks 2 weeks after out of box. If the PS3 is not what you prefer, get the Nintendo Wii. It’s great for family and it’s a family system.

The author's comments:
I wrote this because PS3 inspire to be a Japanese Nationlist because the PS3 is Japanese.

Similar Articles

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 107 comments.


Daffe10 said...
on Feb. 28 2012 at 4:33 pm
Daffe10, Arlington, Texas
0 articles 0 photos 18 comments

Favorite Quote:
"From time to time, the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." -Thomas Jefferson

FINALLY! Another girl that plays FPS! Personally, I like the xbox 360 much better. For PS3, I play SOCOM, Gran Turismo, Tomb Raider, and since my xbox copy won't work anymore, Oblivion. I used to play COD 4 on PS3, but then I got the xbox version. I pretty much play every other game on my 360. I really don't care for the PS3, but it is nice for watching netflix and movies. Now, the PS2 is SO much better than the original xbox. That right there is nostalgiac gold, but I think the PS3 sucks.

on Jan. 9 2012 at 8:46 am
360 is a dominate over ps3 for hardcore gamers for the famliy gamer get a ps3 if your just so pro that you can pull a 360 temperrr on a tdm for final kill get a xbox its multiplayers better and contorlers harder to use makeing it more of a chalenge to play the game i play all of the cods i own cod1-wm3 but i also play BF3 best game ever btw my freind has the same on ps3 and im good on xbox but on ps3 its just way to easy i can destroy thos punks my kd on ps3 is like nearly 9.50 (rediculusly high) on xbox its 4.89 (PRO STATUS UNLOCKED) but the ps3 could be a beter choice it all depends on what your playing and if you want a real chalenge the ps3 is nicknamed the easy station 3 for a reason

on Jan. 1 2012 at 11:57 am
LiteCloud BRONZE, N/A, New York
1 article 0 photos 10 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Evil happens when good people stand there and do nothing."

May I also add that any console and any console's games were developed on PCs?

on Dec. 30 2011 at 8:17 pm
LiteCloud BRONZE, N/A, New York
1 article 0 photos 10 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Evil happens when good people stand there and do nothing."

2 times, and ever since then it's been up for a while.

on Dec. 30 2011 at 8:15 pm
LiteCloud BRONZE, N/A, New York
1 article 0 photos 10 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Evil happens when good people stand there and do nothing."

Brittbyheart, your ignorance is making you look stupid. PC Gaming is more than just MineCraft. PCs can handle way more graphical and computing power than any console in this day and age.

subtle said...
on Dec. 23 2011 at 6:42 pm
subtle (not!)

on Dec. 14 2011 at 9:27 pm
ChristianTeen, Evans, Georgia
0 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Thank god, I'm an atheist"-I don't agree with atheist's but that's still hilarious.

Yeh, but pc is full of hackers, and the controller system isn't as fun as home consoles...

aduwqreoij said...
on Dec. 5 2011 at 9:31 am
i think xbox 360 is better and i think u smell

billlover said...
on Nov. 29 2011 at 8:22 am
  u sound hot call me 7041839912

on Nov. 24 2011 at 4:32 pm
Brittbyheart SILVER, Yucca Valley, California
6 articles 9 photos 44 comments

Favorite Quote:
No matter what you do in life, in the end, the only person that will take impact is you.

I have been a Sony fan for ever. My brother had the PS1 and PS2 and when I was old enough to play video games I got the PS3. I am a girl, and probably one of the few who love to play shooting games. And let me tell you, when it comes down to it, PS3 is ALL about quality! True, the online gaming isnot the best, and at times I do wish all i had to do was caugh up a few bucks and have spotless internet on the system. But I could live without it. Blue-Rays, amazing. Have your own music playlist on the PS3 too, picture quality (when on a HDTV) is priceless.

I have never had a problen with the PS3 or the PS Eye, and the games are fun. Again, the Kinect does look really fun, but for me, im not a family-game-player kind of girl.

Over all, PS3 does have it's ups and downs, but no need to go to war over. And really, 75 feet?


on Nov. 24 2011 at 4:22 pm
Brittbyheart SILVER, Yucca Valley, California
6 articles 9 photos 44 comments

Favorite Quote:
No matter what you do in life, in the end, the only person that will take impact is you.

MineCraft doesn't count as a game.

on Nov. 21 2011 at 8:12 pm
ashrafchy999 BRONZE, Newark, Delaware
3 articles 0 photos 10 comments
I agree but it depends on the gamer/user. Some people prefer certain games over others (halo or uncharted). And some prefer just joining with friends so they defend their opinion without facts or stupid/simple facts. I am not saying you're wrong, but I am just saying it depends on the player.

on Nov. 21 2011 at 8:08 pm
ashrafchy999 BRONZE, Newark, Delaware
3 articles 0 photos 10 comments
I didn't do both of those and I had the red ring????? The red ring happens because of something inside the xbox and dropping it shakes everything inside. The old 360's had a defect in them which caused the red ring easily but the newer ones are better now. 

on Nov. 21 2011 at 8:05 pm
ashrafchy999 BRONZE, Newark, Delaware
3 articles 0 photos 10 comments
I MEAN PLAYSTATION

on Nov. 21 2011 at 8:05 pm
ashrafchy999 BRONZE, Newark, Delaware
3 articles 0 photos 10 comments
PS3 CAME OUT FIRST

on Nov. 21 2011 at 8:02 pm
ashrafchy999 BRONZE, Newark, Delaware
3 articles 0 photos 10 comments
you say that the XBOX has better connection but the the connection does not come from the system, in fact, it comes from servers which deals with your connection and the people who made the game, not XBOX

on Nov. 21 2011 at 8:00 pm
ashrafchy999 BRONZE, Newark, Delaware
3 articles 0 photos 10 comments
You cannot call out games becuase Sony did not make it and nor did xbox make halo, gears of war, or etc.

on Nov. 21 2011 at 7:53 pm
ashrafchy999 BRONZE, Newark, Delaware
3 articles 0 photos 10 comments
If you had to pay to get internet, when you have a silver account (not gold), you would not be able to see your friends and private chat with them but you can so paying is a way to get money from you. I am not saying if either is bad or good because it depends on you.

on Nov. 21 2011 at 7:49 pm
ashrafchy999 BRONZE, Newark, Delaware
3 articles 0 photos 10 comments
cesar, you say that the XBOX has better connection but the the connection does not come from the system, in fact, it comes from servers which deals with your connection and the people who made the game, not XBOX 

on Nov. 21 2011 at 7:45 pm
ashrafchy999 BRONZE, Newark, Delaware
3 articles 0 photos 10 comments
The first xbox came out in 2001 but the first PS came out in 1994. I don't want to insult you or anything but I thought you should know before you tell that to someone else.