Grounded Game Review | Teen Ink

Grounded Game Review

November 28, 2023
By Anonymous

Grounded is a Unique survival game developed by a company called Obsidian Entertainment. It was released on early access in July of 2020. 

Set in the backyard, shrunken down to the size of an ant, Grounded has stunning visuals, bringing life to the world around you. The attention to detail in the grass, leaves, and various insect characters is impressive. The immersive atmosphere does an excellent job of making you feel tiny in a giant world. 

The main gameplay revolves around survival and exploration. You collect and scavenge resources, build bases, craft tools, and fight or avoid the various bugs in the yard. There are a bunch of customization modes, but the most important ones are the difficulty modes: mild (easiest), medium, and Whoa! (hardest). The game gets fun when played in co-op mode. You can play with up to 4 of your friends teaming up to explore and tackle challenges. 

At first, the content in the game was lacking when it was released in early access, but that was because they were still working on the game. It was clear that lots of content still needed to be added and were planned for the future. At the start of the story, you don't know anything. You wake up in a small briefcase, and everything around you is enormous... Or you are just tiny? Overall, the story is well-planned and keeps the individual engaged without telling you what to do. 

They should add multiplayer servers and a weather system in the game or a colder area to improve the game because they have already added two hotter zones.

In conclusion, Grounded offers a fresh take on the survival side of gaming. It's enjoyable and fun to play by yourself or with friends. I recommend this game to everyone who likes survival video games.