Mutazione | Teen Ink

Mutazione

December 2, 2023
By yummy__soap BRONZE, Torrance, California
yummy__soap BRONZE, Torrance, California
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Words can't even begin to describe this game. But if I can try, it was mesmerizing, touching, and one of a kind.

Mutazione is a point and click game following a girl who visits a strange village to visit her grandpa for the summer and help him garden...but everything on the island isn't normal. From green faced neighbors, to colorful plants that sing, to the strange creatures that inhabit the island, to mysterious ruins, to ominous dreams, there's a story waiting for you in Mutazione. 

It's SO much more than just a "walk around and pick up seeds and then plant them" game. Seriously. Through the main character, I felt like I was traveling to another world. The story is beautiful, the music is encapsulating, and the characters, despite most of their looks, feel so human and down to earth. I loved talking to them every chance I got. The art is jaw-dropping, the world is engaging, and the story is one to remember. I also love how the main character would journal her thoughts in her notebook, and I would always be able to relate to her reactions to the events transpiring around her.

I do have to say though, because the you'll always be longing to know what happens next in the story, once the game is over, you might feel a bit sad. Okay, "a bit" is an understatement. You'll feel super sad. Maybe even teary like I was. You'll be heart-broken to say goodbye to the diverse range of characters that you've met and grown close to, but happy that you were able to live through it. At least that's how I felt. I know I'll be playing this game all over again in the future to relive it's beauty.

So if you're looking for a game with intricate story, gorgeous visuals, characters that will show you what it means to be human again, and a plethora of melodious gardens that you can sit and listen to (there's a sandbox mode!!), put this game in your wishlist or give it a shot. I got this on an impulse buy during a Steam sale and I'll never regret it.


The author's comments:

I love this game so much please get it.