The Beatles: Rock Band | Teen Ink

The Beatles: Rock Band MAG

September 23, 2009
By Fernando Ramos BRONZE, Miami Beach, Florida
Fernando Ramos BRONZE, Miami Beach, Florida
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Four of the greatest musicians who ever lived are now dominating the video game scene, as John, Paul, George, and Ringo take you through a revolutionary and visually mind-blowing experience known as “The Beatles: Rock Band.”

When the first of many music video games was released in 2005, “Guitar Hero” and the people at RedOctane only left room for improvement. Then when “Rock Band” came out in 2007, the game reached international success in a matter of months. Well, now it is safe to say that the original “Rock Band” and “Guitar Hero” games pale in comparison to the greatest game ever released.

“The Beatles: Rock Band” guarantees fun for video game lovers and music lovers of all ages. The Beatles music has been in the spotlight lately with the movie “Across the Universe,” attracting teenagers who didn't have the opportunity to experience The Beatles during their prime. However, “The Beatles: Rock Band” will do even more than that.

Designed by Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr (the two remaining Beatles) and Yoko Ono Lennon and Olivia Harrison (the widows of the other two), along with Beatles Producer Giles Martin, the game could not have been created by a better group of people.

This game includes songs from every Beatles album, such as “Magical Mystery Tour,” “Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band,” and even oldies such as “Please Please Me.” Their earlier songs show the Fab Four playing at venues like the Cavern, “The Ed Sullivan Show,” the Budokan, and Shea Stadium, while their later songs from “Abbey Road” and “Sgt. Pepper's” start off in the Abbey Road studio and slowly transform into a jaw-dropping visual adventure called a dreamscape.

Just when you thought there was enough to keep you entertained for months, the people at Harmonix add the final touch to make you feel like a Beatle: three-way vocal harmonies. To completely capture the magnificence of each performance, John's, Paul's, George's, and even Ringo's role in vocals is necessary.

It takes a really good game to keep me busy since I get bored easily. But I can say with the utmost assurance that I have never fallen so easily in love with a game.


The author's comments:
Platforms: PS3, Wii, Xbox 360