Super Monkey Ball 1, 2, and Deluxe on Gamecube, X-Box, Playstation 2 | Teen Ink

Super Monkey Ball 1, 2, and Deluxe on Gamecube, X-Box, Playstation 2

August 6, 2014
By theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida
theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida
247 articles 0 photos 57 comments

Favorite Quote:
Take me As I Am - James Labrie of Dream Theater


Hi, I'm back and today we'll be talking about a puzzle game ( a crowd booing me off), hey, this puzzle game is awesome and very challenging! Anyways, the game, or games if you will, are Super Monkey Ball 1, 2, and Deluxe. Three great games and also fun. The point of the Monkey Ball games is to tilt the stages so that the monkey can move and maneuvering it to reach the goal at the end. Sounds simple, it's hard as heck to get through some of these stages and takes precession and sometimes luck to get through it.

Game 1: Here we start at Super Monkey Ball 1 which doesn't really have much of a story pur se, but it does have some of the hardest stages, or floors as they call it in the game, in the series. The Beginner stages are easy and are only 10 stages, 13 if you count the extra stages. it takes no time at all to get through these. Advance is where the difficulty spike comes in. These 30, or 35 if extra stages are counted, are moderately easy and can take practice to beat. I will admit there are harder advance modes in the series and that is a warning here. Expert: as the name foreshadows, these are for people who have became aware of the games controls at this point, and my god are there some hard stages here. These 50, or 60, stages really test your skill and you feel good beating this with no continues. Though there is one more level. Master: These are the hardest stages of the SERIES, and it shows. These last ten stages can only be played after you beat Expert Ex. with no continues, sound easy, I THINK NOT! If you didn't think that was a challenge then prepare yourself for these stages, especially stage 3. If you beat these last 10 stages you'll be in complete satisfaction. But we still have two left.

Super Monkey Ball 2: This game is a little harder than the first game, the master levels are easier though. But this one also introduces more minigames and a story. The story includes 10 levels and the villain here is named Dr. Bad Boom. This guy is stupid for a scientist and is annoying. He steals bananas from Monkey Island and sets AiAi and friends to search for them and beat his mazes of doom. If they do that then he might as well give up. The first level is a piece of cake but it does difficulty spike in the 3rd level, which is the 2nd advanced level. Challenge Mode: this mode is similar to that of the previous game but you do get a chance to add extra lives after you beat story mode, and you'll need them. This game has difficulty spikes EVERYWHERE! Master levels are still difficult as ever though not alot of them have to do with staying on a narrow platform and reaching the goal. But it as equally destructive, congrats if you get the reference. One more to go.

Super Monkey Ball DX: This game is brutal. It is the ultimate package including all stages from 1 and 2 and even some new stages for this game only. It still has a story that is 2's story but with a difference in stages. Though here you can collect 999+ bananas and rumor has it that there is a special prize after getting that many bananas. I don't know what it is, if it exists anyways, but it might be big or small. The trick is to find stages with a nice amount of bananas, 10-11 or more is fine whenever possible. Challenge Mode: Same style as 2 but there are more stages in each difficulty, twice as much as in both games. In this game there is a total of 300 stages to master and you can attempt all of that in the new mode Ultimate. If you thought going through 70 stages with 99 lives was hard, try every stage in the game. This is the ultimate challenge in any game in the series. IF you manage to beat this no continues I will crown you a true Master. And then try challenging it with the default number of lives, if you thought that was easy as heck. So yeah, try beating any of these games 100% and challenge yourself more and more. I would put this series in my top 10 hardest games in history and it shows.

Well, that is it, so if you liked this review comment rate and buy any if these games if you haven't yet, preferably DX because it is the whole package. And I'll see you guys next time.


The author's comments:
Well if you like Rage-inducingly Hard games this is the one for you. And You will be failing, alot.