Super Smash Bros 3DS on Nintendo 3DS | Teen Ink

Super Smash Bros 3DS on Nintendo 3DS

October 27, 2014
By Middle SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware
Middle SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware
7 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"If they do not now accept our terms, they may expect a rain of ruin from the air the likes of which has never been seen on this earth." -President Truman


Super Smash bros has got to be the most-awaited game in the last six years. There have been countless leaks and fake photos flying around the media, all hype for the games’ release. Within a week after it was available in Japan, over one million versions were sold. Now, October 3rd, it was released in North America. I know first-hand people who waited for midnight to download it, and now, I being one, really want to know if this game is going to be a top seller.


The sales are great and everyone I know now has the game. A special streetpass feature has been added and is quite interesting; streetpass any friend with the copy and fight it out in a miniature puck-like game. The winner gets gold to spend on trophies later on, or on other mini-games such as a stocking-blocks game or the classic mode of ssb4. Both modes get you trophies to add to your large collection and the achievements of beating that level. And, speaking of achievements, we’ve now been given a large range of them in different forms.


I completed every achievement the day I got the game. …They were pretty easy. I was hoping for more difficult ones, like beating classic with every character on hard or collecting every new trophy. When you beat the first panel of challenges, however, a second one is unlocked with some more goals but still, they’re not that hard. I’m 3/4th done that one and hoping there’ll be a third panel to meet the challenges of us experienced gamers. Besides the easy levels, completing the tasks are nice ways to explore the game mechanics and test out characters and stages.


The new characters are all unique and op in their own way. From Duck Hunt Dog to Bowser and Pittoo to Wario, all the fighters have their own moves to show themselves off. Some, like Pitto, Dr. Mario, and Lucina, copy the moves of others, like Pit, Mario, and Marth. Still, though, they have at least one original move to stand out from their copy. The new and returning fighters have all been increased in strength and speed. Little Mac and Ness are both op characters with Ness now being a lot faster, but not quite as fast as Mac. Some have become way too strong for their own good, such as these two.


Nintendo tried getting over-powered characters to have weak jumps or up-b’s by making more stages with no floors or a changing ground beneath them, as well as stage hazards. The stages are all pretty interesting and fun to explore, with Tomodachi Life showing your miss or the Spirit Tracks stage from the Zelda game I had completely forgotten about. Returning stages from Melee and the original Smash as well as SSBB mixed with new ones give a new feel to the fight. I do feel, though, that it’d have been fun to create your own stage again, like in Brawl. Or maybe to have organized the stages from different Smash Bros games instead of having them mushed together on one screen, same with the character select.


With these few things and even more, SSB4 was definitely worth the wait. Even though I’ve already unlocked all the characters and stages, smashing familiar faces with new moves have never been this fun. There are so many things to do this time. I know this game will be a top seller; maybe we’ll sell over a million this week as well.


The author's comments:

Who doesn't play Smash?