Destiny | Teen Ink

Destiny

February 20, 2015
By HailToTheStud SILVER, West Haven, Utah
HailToTheStud SILVER, West Haven, Utah
7 articles 0 photos 20 comments

Favorite Quote:
"To be successful as a man is to make more money than your significant other can spend. To be successful as a woman is to find such a man."
"Trial is putting your life in the hands of 12 people that weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty"


Destiny... Looked very promising, at first play seemed very entertaining. However, after a while of playing the game for a while, it got very repetitive and monotonous. The missions were all essentially the same, with few variations. Now, not everything was all that bad about it. I'm still a fan. However, we'll get into some things that were just plain ridiculous in this review, so let's get started!

 

1) DLC "Release":

So, for those that finished the game, you may have found yourself thinking "what now?" Well, lucky for you, Bungie released "new" content available for purchase and download! Well, it may come as a shock when you find out that all the DLC content was already on the disk. A number of players found that you could actually glitch into the DLC areas. This can only be contributed to 3 factors: incompetence and greed. Incompetence because Bungie put DLC content into the Baseplate game's trailer. Greed, because the DLC was originally going to be in the game, DLC-Free. However, Bungie must have thought that they could get some extra money out of the game. Were they wrong? No. But at the very least, they could cut the content from the game completely. But laziness on Bungie's part made it so that they didnt cut it out completely, just made it inaccessible. Or so they thought before it was discovered.

 

2) Storyline:

Entertaining enough to draw you in, when all of a sudden the mission get repetitive. It seemed as though you couldn't go a mission without deploying your Ghost and fighting off wave after wave of foes. Over and over and over again. The actual story concept-wise was very fun. Very cool. The Ghost was a subtle comic relief at times. Other times, you'd just wait untill he stopped talking. Overall, monotonous, but not absolutely awful.

 

Unskippable Cutscenes:

Destiny did a great job of animating cutscenes. Dialogue was pretty good. However, If you just weren't interested, you would have to put up with it, as cutscenes were unskippable. Not all the game's cutscenes were all that entertaining, either.

 

Load Screens:

I get that loading is unavoidable in gaming. I understand that. However, most games gave you something to look at. Destiny Gives you a spaceship. The same flight pattern every time. Oh, and just when you think it's done loading, it brings up another screen! Hooray. Not amused.

 

Overall, evn though I've been quite the critic here, the game wasn't all bad, but Destiny had a lot of potential that was wasted. Nice try, Bungie!