LIFE IS A GAME | Teen Ink

LIFE IS A GAME

August 12, 2009
By sixFEETunder BRONZE, Dallas, Texas
sixFEETunder BRONZE, Dallas, Texas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

My life is a gamble. It is like being in a casino. There are moments of winning and losing and moments of ups and downs. As I go through it, I also meet some friends or even rivals. Indeed, I will meet lots of people.

One of the things I learned in the casino is how to watch my back because not at all times, people are going to stand behind me and protect me from any danger. But another thing I learned there is that it is not enjoyable if you play alone. Like in life, it would be more exciting if you have two or more companions instead of being alone.

Life is like a poker game and when you start playing, you start the gamble. In the game, you either win something or lose something. You cannot keep everything. Not all the time, you win and take the grand prize home. In some cases, you take home nothing. In life, I learned how gamble and I learned how to choose and weigh things respectively.

As my game starts, my journey and my life start to roll. I have to choose the best play or else I will lose everything I’ve worked for. The chips I am holding are now at stake. It’s like I am giving it all to the one who really controls the game. And as the game ends, all I can do is accept how the game ended.

In life, we don’t know how it would end but we know how to make it better. Like an excited yet breath-taking games in the casino, we ought to know when to end so as not to lose everything. It is not bad to make some gambles in life because it is inevitable. We just have to play our strategies well and accept what the result may be.